Thursday 8 August 2013

18. A Marble Road to Glory. Sisters of Battle part 7. Stripping the line troops and doing things right.

Update time? Yes?
No blog comments? Well fuck you.

I jest, I don't expect any comments, though some feedback/friendly chatter would be nice.

Anyways, Forward for the big E!

So, yeah... guess what happened (*cough*hobby*cough*ethos*cough*).

I stripped my sisters and started form the ground up.
So that post before that said 1,500 points built?
Invalid.

med_gallery_33843_5957_674981.jpg


Instead of waiting around with this project though, I've steamed ahead.
I want my Sisters up and running as soon as possible, while maintaining a decent standard.

So,
Step one; Mould lines, Barrels... in process, almost done.

Step two; Basses!
I want my sisters to be in theme with my urban board... but at the same time I want them to stand out.
The theme I've gone for is 'ruined chapel/ adeptus ministorum building.'
To represnt this I've used plasticard to make marble like slabs and smashed them up a bit; added cracks, chipping, bullet ricochet marks...
Enough talk. WiP pictures!


med_gallery_33843_5957_823165.jpg
2.5 x 2.5 squares form the marble slabs.

med_gallery_33843_5957_188501.jpg
Cut them up, and scuff them up a bit...

med_gallery_33843_5957_1275084.jpg
Boom!

med_gallery_33843_5957_66866.jpg
*Shudders*

Only one is fully done, but they're almost their.... just the wear and tear to be finished and that is my whole army (except for Celestine's) basses.

Speaking of Celestine...
   I'm using Celestine as my Primary HQ, but she will actually represent Cannoness Superior of L'Ordre des Angels.
While I want the model to recognisably St. Celestine, I want it to be different enough to obviously not be her. Most of this will be down to the paint job, but I felt a few subtle conversions wouldn't go a miss.
Enjoy!


med_gallery_33843_5957_108900.jpg

Simple enough really.
Remove the dove, stick on the Cannoness Melta Pistol.
Remove the Ardent blade (too flimsy looking if you ask me), and stick on the Cannoness power sword (With a little bit of vambrace still attached).
I need to fill in the gap left by the joint. I might make it look like bionics to help explain her miraculous survivability.


On a similar, but apparently far more complicated topic; I seem to have run into a bit of a problem, and his name is Uriah Jacobs.
While I own him, I hate the model.
As such I want to create my own High Priest, whom is head of the Adeptus Ministorum on my Orders home world.
All I have so far is this;


med_gallery_33843_5957_1168027.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5957_737521.jpg


Not much, I know. Any suggestions on bitz to use? Primarily after what body/legs/arms I could use.
Advice and suggestion greatly appreciated as I'm stumped.


While trying to upload the pictures my phone bugged out.... so I actually have finished building my Seraphim squad - The Angels wings.
But they can wait until another day.

Comments and criticism more than welcome!

By faith and fire!
-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment