Tuesday 7 January 2014

38. Urban Rust. Building a Gaming Board part 10.

  Between Christmas, laziness and my phone herping and derping Updates have been sparse.

I finally managed to fix my phone today, so I can finally upload pictures again.

Less offensive introduction than usual? Must try harder...

So yes, updates.
Gaming board again.

I decided that I wanted a bit of ware and tear on my board.
This will mainly be on the paving slabs...but it will be done after I've painted them to their 'peak' condition.

So in the meantime I thought I'd start my lampposts.

How does one wear and tear a lamppost?
Aside from physical damage (light not working, smahsed glass, missing panels...) from what I've seen lmapposts tend to be painted.
So the obvious basic damage is worn and chipped paint... which leads to rust


med_gallery_33843_5272_971991.jpg

I tried to emulate this for my own (albeit a bit more severe/ different colours)

med_gallery_33843_5272_1908248.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_1173058.jpg

They've all been rusted up, but this one is my test subject for futher detailing.
Right now it just needs the light/ glass section finishing off, and a bit more brown/ rust stains.


Any opinions on rust welcome, weather they are about mine here, or about painting weathering in general.
Personally I'm not fond of it in most cases.
Done right/ thematically and it can add great character to a project.
Done wrong and it just makes something look way too busy.

Anyways,
PEACE

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment