Saturday 11 January 2014

39. Lights, Camera, Lamppost! Building a Gaming Board part 11.

Game Grumps sapped all my painting time last night.

  I mean, I did do 'some'

painting...
 So here it is;

med_gallery_33843_5272_1875202.jpg

Just the light done basically.

Recipe is fairly simple.
Paint the area you want to be light a light grey (I used Astronomican, because I'm still living in the past),
Next paint most of the section you just painted in a 1:1 mix of that Grey and White,
Then paint another smaller square inside that square of almost pure white (judge for yourself on this one).

After than apply a glaze of Vallejo transparent yellow (It is the same yellow I used on my Space Marine a while back),
Once this is dry add a wash of Sepia (I used Gryphone/ however the hell you spell it).


med_gallery_33843_5272_362778.jpg

Once it dries you're done.

Since this picture I've blended the colours in together a bit more, gloss varnished it and added some 'glass' highlights.

The blended colours are made using Vomit brown and Golden Yellow (using Scorched Brown and White for darkening and lightening respectively).
Gloss varnish and add some 'reflection' type white highlights, and you're done.

You know what? Seeing as I'm feeling so goddamn generous, I'll take a quick picture
*Snap*

med_gallery_33843_5272_1595225.jpg

You can just make out the white lines... but the light kinda washes out the rust effect.
Either way, it looks good from a distance.

Just need to finish that cable and I'm done...
well, done with one of the 5 total.

Progress!

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment