Wednesday 15 January 2014

41.Random Update part 9. Killing Them With Kindness (and a Little Spite).

So yeah, I can't be arsed to paint lamppost right now.
Go figure!

   In the meantime I'm painting all sorts of odds and ends... as you saw by my recent completed dwarf.
I guess this is just to keep my mind on painting, without drowning my enthusiasm with painting just one same process over and over.
That and ya'know, little pieces for my gaming board are not all that exciting.


Anyway, here is another little side project.

I posted this on the Bolter and Chainsword a few days back.
Unlike there, I feel I can go into more detail here.

Story time!

  A considerable amount of time ago I had a group of friends.
We'd meet up regularly and game, drink and generally be merry.
One day it all just stopped. Me and another of my friends were frozen out.

Snap back to not too long ago. I start a new relationship with someone which opens my eyes to why all this happened.
And it is petty.
Vindictive.
And just a dick move all round.

Justifiably I was angry, but as time goes this anger has faded.
I got the vast majority of those good folk back in my life now.
But I am still a little bitter.

One day, my girlfriend mentions that the instigator of this cluster fuck asked her to paint some models.
To which I replied 'fuck that shit.'

But then I thought, you know what?
I'll paint them. And well too!

I'm kind of being the bigger man.... but not really.
At the end of the day these models will have been painted by me, and everyone will know that.
I think that will be more irritating than anything; receiving praise knowing it is all down to someone you tired to freeze out.


The models in question are Space Marines of the Ultramarines, second company.


So here is the progress so far;

med_gallery_33843_6479_303389.jpg

med_gallery_33843_6479_279973.jpg

I managed to get the 'prototype' miniature basically finished.



So yeah. A few touch ups, and nine more to go.

HA

-DH-


No comments:

Post a Comment