Monday 5 May 2014

55. Urban: Dense population? Where are the buildings?! 40K Urban Terrain - Imperial building part 1.

HERETICS!
SET YOUR GAZE UPON THIS CREATION OF THE EMPERORS DIVINE MAJESTY AND WEEP!

Or in other words, I've been doing some more terrain stuff; this time an Imperial Building.

On my post of the WiP of the crashed land speeder I mentioned the tiles would be painted in a similar fashion to one of my other terrain WiP's; this is the WiP

med_gallery_33843_5272_963584.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_855217.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_443916.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_1295401.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_321949.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_547108.jpg

Yep, it is your bog standard Imperial building from some of GW's cities of death terrain.

The tiles were my first attempt at simple marble effect paintjob.

The tiles start off brown (I undecorated the building brown for some reason...),
Painted over in Dheneb stone,
Then a light dry brush of Dheneb and Skull white,
Finally I washed with Army Painter Soft Tone.

I repeated the process a few times until I was relatively happy with the stained effect.
I finished up with a coat of gloss varnished (which you can't see in the pictures).

The tiles look okay, but too simple for a realistic marble effect.
I'm going to leave these ones as they are. but in future I'll be trying to throw different colours into the mix to give it a more layer effect.
Also, I'll be making it more bright by adding layers of very light bone.

If that doesn't go well I'll try black marble...



That is all for now.
I might post another update later on/ or in the next few days, which will again, be something unrelated...

TOO MANY PROJECTS!!

In the meantime, feel free to comment, suggest things and leave feedback!
Especially if you have experience painting marble that you'd like to pass on to me.

Peace out!

-DH-


PS. I thought I'd give a shout out to some of the guys over at The Bolter and Chainsword for constantly supporting my hobbying, and giving me feedback and suggestions along the road.

The biggest shout goes to deathspectersgt7 and Jaspcat who have followed my progress pretty much constantly for the last couple of years, which is awesome!
They also float around the B&C making it a nicer place to lurk and post. Check out there stuff (click on their names)
I'd also like to thank all the other guys who pop up now and again. I really appreciate the input. Even those who just 'like' the content I put out; it is nice to know someone is reading.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment