Thursday 12 June 2014

60. It came from the Underhive. Escher gang part 2. A blast from the Underhive's past.



This post takes me back.

If you want to skip the history lesson, tough! I wrote it in bright pink! TRY AND MISS THAT!!
(oh? you can scroll past the pink bit...fuck...).

I originally created the Undehive Hero with a view to showcase my Escher Gang.
The Bolter and Chainsword (my then main posting format) was only a power armour friendly board, so it needed a new home, and I just can't seem to take to Dakka Dakka.

That is how The Underhive Hero got it's name; the undehive is where all the general scum and villainy of the 40k universe make their living. It seemed approriate to cross this the concept of the Underclass/working class Hero (I'm quite left wing).

Anyway in post, 2. The rebellion of a promiscuous princess, I introduced my Escher gang.
The were a proper rag tag bunch then; Poorly based, painted without any reference to work from...

Then the project got abandoned. That is, until my hobby rebirth.
I have talked about how my attitude towards hobbying changed, and it is with my Escher gang, and my Sisters of Battle where I started my hobby journey...again.
So about two years after my first post I started a new post series; 17. It came from the Underhive. Escher gang part 1. Retro reboot and refit.
The models were stripped, cleaned and re-based.

And then I left it there. I didn't see any point in painting them.
If there is a theme throughout my hobby life it is tragedy and apathy.
I got super stoaked doing these when I was with my ex.
After we ended that passion died a little.

Luckily. It kinda came back

So here they are.
Undecorated and ready to cause some fucking havoc, in a city near you (though some 39 millenniums in the future).






The concept, as it was all that time ago, is to have a collection of miniatures that breaks the 'Caucasian centric' view of the 40k universe.
We're talking about a universe that could have evolved in any direction.
It makes sense that Ethnicity would be extremely diverse (though admittedly completely different to the Ethnic diversities of our reality).

Anyway. I will be attempting to diversify my Escher gang.

In addition to this it will be a mix of the Guady/80's esq look that the traditional Escher gangs have, and that Slaaneshi cults also have.
For variety though, I thought I'd throw in some more subtle colours to represent the Gang members who are not so heavily influenced by their peers and/or side more with the 'Promiscuous Princess.'

Enough words.
I have started painting these models. So expect updates soon.


If you play Necromunda I'd love to hear from you, in fact, if you do any war gaming I'd love to hear from you.
Also if you have an comments, criticisms, suggestions, advice, or just general chatter, do that too.

You can comment on this blog post (or any other blog post relevant to the topic you want to talk about), or hit my up on twitter @DarkHaZZl3
If you're already a member of The Bolter and Chainsword, I'm perfectly happy for you to talk/leave feedback on my WiP post there; just keep if board relevant!
It can be found here - DarKHaZZl3's armies of the Imperium - a WiP

Thanks for reading guys and girls and xeno's scum.
Until next time

-DH-


No comments:

Post a Comment