Sunday 15 June 2014

62. It Came From the Underhive. Escher Gang Part 3. Diversity: The Underhive Edition.



The Underhive never sleeps.  
Seriously, I struggle.
So I managed to start painting.

I knew the task of painting different non-white skin tones was beyond my skill set.
Go. Google! - http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1310

^ I've been using this. I'm fairly happy with the outcome so far.

There has been far too much text in my latest posts, so we'll move on to pictures shall we?






The picture is a bit dark, but it is meant to be 'African American' from the link above.
I thought it the skin tone suited the model. It's a bad ass woman with a shotgun. This instantly made me think of Zoe form Firefly.
(If you've never seen firefly either go watch it immediately or never come back! No, stay, but seriously, I recommend you watch it).



The next model I started was on of the Juves.
I'm Nicknaming this one tank girl (because of the tank top...inventive right!)






The skin tone is just based and shaded at the moment.
the vest is pretty much done. might add some extra highlights, and the base is finished, just needs to be cleaned up.

The gold-esq drain will be the technique I used when I finally get around to painting the details on my gaming board.


Anyway.
That was it for session 1.
I did do some work on the 'Promiscuous Princess' but I really messed it up.
So that one is being started from the ground up.

Anyway
until next time!

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment