Wednesday 1 October 2014

73. The not-so-mightly Imperial Navy. 40k Urban Terrain. Crashed Aquila part 5.

After painting all the same colours for an age I decided I wanted to do something different

So I thought I'd start adding some detail to the crashed Aquila Lander.


med_gallery_33843_5272_573713.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_201052.jpg

med_gallery_33843_5272_531454.jpg


Hopefully the 'step by step' photo approach gives you a little insight into how I do my freehand stuff.
Not that I've really shown much of it off.

But essentially it's like drawing and then painting a picture.
I paint the outline, and then colour it in.

It isn't finished yet. This is just the template.

I'm not sure what to go for;

A cracked paint effect
or
A marble effect (stone/white)
or
A marble effect (green)

Thoughts welcome here.
Whichever is chosen it will be suitably 'roughed up' to fit with the rest of the piece.

These photos have thrown up a few bits here and there on the ed and black that need touching up, so I'll have to go back and do that as well.

Ta' for looking guys!

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment