Thursday 23 October 2014

76. A Road to Hiding Behind a Wall. Sisters of Battle Part 18.

So much for faith is our shield...

Welcome back to the Underhive!

I've been getting a couple of positive comments on my Aegis Defence Line, so I thought I'd carry on with that during this crazy painting spree I'm on.

That and I really like my Quad Gun!



If I'm honest here, I would have liked to have made more progress with this.
The reason I haven't? Scrubs.

Serious. Since my post 10 days ago I have re-watched  every season of scrubs.
Including the 'med school' spin off.


No comment.


On to painting huh?
I completed the wash and progressive drybrushing stage of the Aegis defence line


med_gallery_33843_5957_870735.jpg


While I was doing this I cracked on with the marble tiles on the base of the Quad gun


med_gallery_33843_5957_1175276.jpg


I also started the gold icons too, because; why not?


med_gallery_33843_5957_795485.jpg


The wall / tile mix is almost identical;
Denheb stone > Drybrush Karak & Screaming Skull > Add Ceramite white > progressively more white.
The only difference is that the wash on the wall is a brown one after the first stage,

The tile's wash on the other hand is a sepia wash before the last couple of layers.

The gold is just Vallejo Liquid Copper with a couple of washes of Army Painter Strong Tone.
It needs some layers and highlights to make it a bit more gold.
I like my gold beaten and dirty though, so it wont be too bright when it is done.

Here is a picture of the both together with some better lighting

med_gallery_33843_5957_80120.jpg


In between layers drying I worked on the turret a little

med_gallery_33843_5957_404464.jpg

I'm liking how this is turning out.
The Purple is obviously flat and the wrong shade, but it is only foundation purple.
Many layers before that is done.

I thought I'd throw in a little action (ish) shot for fun.

med_gallery_33843_5957_497084.jpg

'Dat test sister model cameo.
I like this action shot. It also makes em ware of how important leaving the 'girder' section metalic/ silver-ish.
It creates a nice visual 'barrier' between the Aegis and the models behind it.


That is all for now.
While I had the gold out I did some work on another piece,
but I want to do some more on that before I post updates about it (it needs a lot of work!).


Thanks for reading and/or cowering behind the nearest wall.
-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment