Monday, 29 February 2016

94. Paint Factory. Imperial Knight part 3.

So, it's been a while, but I have been super busy working on stuff!
I'll get round to organising and uploading the picture for them soon, but as usual, if you keep an eye on my Instgram you'll get to see them sooner rather than later!

In the meantime here is the Imperial Knight all put together and with a bit of paint on it in places.


I still can't decide on what colour to paint it aha

I've been toying with this scheme;

(Image taken from here - )

Either that or one of the Purple/ Turquoise ones.

Opinions always welcome.
In the meantime, I'm going to crack on with other stuff and hopefully be inspired


Thursday, 25 February 2016

93. A Road to Glory. Fly You Fools! Sisters of Battle part 19.


While I'm deciding what colour to paint my Imperial Knight I thought I'd work on some other stuff I've been I've been doing a spot of painting and trying to finish off projects here and there.

On project that has been crying out to be finished is my much loved Sisters of Battle.


I had someone make a mold of the metal prototype and have been casting these from green stuff.

As well as this I've started the long process of undercoating and base coating, as well as tidying up the tanks and stuff.

While I've been doing this I've thought about expanding the army a little.
Someone bought me a squad of Sister Repentia. I love the way this unit looks so I've been considering building them.
As well as this, I've got enough Battle Sisters spare to throw in another Battle Sister Squad for extra bodies if needed.
I pretty much 'need' to build 4 heavy flamers and a Promethium relay pipe for my new 1,500 point army anyway, so it wont hurt.

Who knows what else?
Another Exorcist maybe?
Some extra priests?

We'll see.
But expect to see an appearance from L'ordre Des Angels soon!


Monday, 15 February 2016

93. Manufactorum. Imperial Knight part 2.

Honestly I have been busy with hobby stuff and not just slacking off.
The Imperial Knight has been a lot more effort than I thought!

Due to adjusting the positioning of the legs I've had to do some pretty substantial sculpting work on the legs.

The first on to get the sculpting treatment was the standing leg;




It is the right shape and stuff, but I'm not quite sure I managed to get it smooth all over... hard to tell until it gets some paint on it...

As well as scultping legs, I've been trying to magnatise the whole thing... or as much of it as possible.

Where magnets wont do the job, pins will.



I worked a bit more on the base too


And this is the leg that is standing on said rhino


It took a good deal of time to get all of the sculpting bits done.
I'm not the best at it so I put extra effort in to make the shapes as natural as possible.

Probably could have done a better job, but with the shin guard on any mistakes/ irregularities shouldn't be too noticeable (I hope).

Anyway, after finishing all the bits it was time to stick together what I could.


And a shot of it all together (well most of it).


I've left as much of it as detachable as possible for when I paint it.

Got a bunch of sprays to do the base coats with, not sure on the colour scheme though.


Any thoughts, comments and such welcome as always.



Friday, 5 February 2016

92. Imerpial March. Imperial Knight part1.

So here we are, a real update with real things.

I've been working on a lot of Bloodbowl, Age of Sigmar, and other assorted projects.

I've also done some work on my Amiibo stuff on The science of selling yourself short.

But I digress...

I've been casting some wings for my Sisters of Battle, but they're got a wee while to go before they are ready for showcasing.
In the meantime I've started my Salamanders. Finally!
But that is not what this post is about.

Today it all about my Imperial Knight.
I got one of these a few weeks ago, and I've been working through it over the last couple of weeks.
I wish I had more work in progress pictures of this, but for the most part it is just a normal Imperial Knight so far.

I did however, want to make a bit more effort with it.
I will be reposing the legs, so I've been cutting them up to re pose them.
I also wanted to make the base of the Knight match my gaming board.

So here is where we are at so far....

I originally wanted to have a smashed Chimera on the base, but a Rhino was a lot easier :P.
Especially when you're armed with a hammer and a saw XD

The only issue with the Rhino is that it has no interior at the front.
So I set about the detailing...

The driver and engine are taken from the Landspeeder with some plasticard, guitar string, cogs and so on.
The driver needs to be....damaged somewhat.

Once detailed it looks a bit more like this;

Considering where the foot is planned to end up, the top hatch needed to be more damaged, so I started hacking it apart...

Which I think looks a little better.
None of this is stuck down yet, as I have to 'tarmac' the road and find a few more details/ debris to add.

I've prepared the rest of the basic structure of Imperial Knight ready to build once the base is finished.
I just want to add more details to it... I'm thinking cogs as I have a good few spare aha

So yeah, that's one of the things I've been up to.

Feel free to throw comments, constructive criticism or whatever at me.
You can do so on here, on my blogs, on my Twitter or on my Instagram.

That's all for now...