Saturday 4 February 2017

116. The call of Chaos in the Age of Sigmar. Tzeentch Disciples part 1.


Yes.

Another project. Don't judge me.

I've had mixed feelings toward Age of Sigmar and Warhammer Fantasy Battle in the past.

I love the themeing, but I just didn't enjoy playing WFB.
When AoS was released, I was kinda relieved, but not sold on it's open style of play.
Over time though I saw the merits, but because of how games are set up I could never get round to playing it; being able to take what you like is a fantastic idea, however, it doesn't give me a goal to aim towards, and that is something I personally need.

When the season of war started and brought the generals handbook (and a 'points' system) I finally had that barrier removed.
I started collecting Tzeentch Daemons. There was, however, one flaw.

The rules for them we're terrible!
With a huge focus on magic and summoning (of which is incredibly limited in matched play), they just didn't have any real options.

That was, until a few weeks ago.
The battletomb 'Disciples of Tzeench,' was released, and with it, new rules and a swathe of new models.
I was immediately invested in the army.
It had options, meaningful choices, battalion warscrolls, allegiance abilities...
It was finally enjoyable to collect and play with them.

TL:DR
AoS got good for me because of new Tzeentch book.
So I've started an army for it.

I've gone for a nice mix of new & old, Daemons and Mortals.

I'm starting with the mortals.
So lets go!


001 Chaos Warriors


002 Exhalted Hero of Chaos

Finally a use for this Gamesday models XD
Not the most emphatic start I know, but I gots plans.
That's it for now.
Expect more in future!

-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment