Thursday 9 February 2017

118. (Spartan) Colour Coded. Tzeentch Disciples part 2.


One of the most fundamental questions when starting a new army is; 'how do I paint them?'

Do you go for an established scheme, or do you try something new?

With 40k I find I'm a lot more reserved; I like to either use something pre-existing (like my Salamaders), or keep it simple (like my Sisters of Battle).

With this Tzeentch army I thought I be a bit more bold and experiment a little.
After thinking on the issue a while, these are the schemes I came up with.

003

I'm a fan of all of them (some more than others, but I thought I'd take a moment to speak on each of them, to give you an idea of my thought process.

Teal/ Turquoise

004

I thought a slightly bastardised version of the new Thousands Sons scheme might be nice.
I'm not a fan of this scheme on actual Thousands Sons for lore reasons, but it does look nice, and is quite striking.

Blue.

005

Not only the classic Thousands Sons colour, but also half of the generic Tzeentch colours (Blue and Pink).
A little darker, which suits chaos, and a lot easier to play on high contrasts (orange and pink mainly).

Green & Silver.

006

This one may seem like an odd colour for Tzeentch, but let me fill you in on my reasoning.
Despite how nice Blue's look, I am kinda sick of seeing those schemes.
They are EVERYWHERE.
So I wanted to try something different.
The colour concept behind this scheme came form the Adrian Smith Tzeentch sorcerer artwork in the 3.5 Chaos codex


I kinda like this scheme, but I don't feel as if it has enough of a Tzeentch feel to it, and I certainly don't think it does Adrian's artwork justice.

Nebula/ Blue and Fuschia.

007

This one is actually inspired by myself (See )
Messing with space and time is kinda Tzeentch's deal, so I feel the stray nebula encapsulates that feeling rather well.
Blue and pinky purple are exceptionally Tzeentchy colours too.

This scheme is easily my favorite, and the one I'll be using for this army.
My one worry is consistency; while it'll be kinda cool that each model will look slightly different, I am worried that I wont be able to replicate this scheme consistently in term sof quality.
I reckon I'ma fuck it up a lot...
Ah well...


That's all for now guys.
Substantial building progress is on the way soon though (I've been doing a lot of basing XD)
So stay tuned for more updates.

If you can't wait, go check out my Instagram is I end up posting what I'm currently working on
As usual feel free to leave constructive feedback on here or @DarkHaZZl3 on Twitter!

Until next time!

-DH-


No comments:

Post a Comment